We are currently looking for a Cable Technician Apprentice to join our growing team. The qualified candidate will take direction and help service and install data, telecommunication, and audio visual systems in commercial and industrial environment’s and provide excellent customer service to our clients.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance to get to job sites in the NJ and NY metro area.
• Must be able to use basic hand tools such as screw drivers, hammers and drills.
• Must be able to work on ladders and scissor lifts.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds at a time.
• Be a motivated self-starter able to take direction and complete a task or project with little to no supervision.
• Be familiar with CAT 5, CAT 5E, CAT 6 and Coaxial cabling.
Knowledge and skills in the following areas are a plus:
• Be familiar with fiber optic cable and installation.
• Prepare/install proper cable pathways and supports.
• Be able to read a floor plan and install cable without added instruction.
• Terminate cable on jacks at the station end.
• Terminate cable on 66M150, 110, Krone and patch panels at the distribution frame.
• Operate test equipment including toners, pair checkers, butt sets, and cable scanners.
• Be familiar with cross-connection and testing of telephones and computers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve cable issues without added instruction.
• Maintain technical knowledge.
• Anticipate needed equipment and tools to perform.
• Audio/Video knowledge.
• Computer and Networking knowledge.
For immediate consideration please send resume to email@example.com or simply call us at 973-547-2669.
Thank you for your interest in Mastercable. We look forward to serving you.